Proseminar: Recent Developments in Insurance
Prof. Dr. Andreas Richter; Stefan Neuß
This seminar covers recent developments in the field of insurance. Current research questions in insurance demand theory, insurance pricing, and life insurance and pensions will be addressed. The topics will be discussed with active involvement of the participants. Learning and research strategies are to be conveyed, so that students are empowered to acquaint themselves with a scientific problem and read up on relevant literature. Furthermore, as a basis for the Bachelor Thesis / Diplomarbeit, students should become familiar with the independent composition of a scientific piece of work.
- The number of participants is restricted.
- The application for this seminar takes places via the LSF-Portal.
- Application Period: January 16th through January 30th
- Students of Business or Economics (Bachelor) with a specialization in "Markt-und Finanzorientierte BWL" (BSc PO 2008).
- Students of financial mathematics (Bachelor) with module WP 21 (Versicherungsbetriebslehre).
|March 16th||10am - 12pm||Kick-Off-Meeting||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|March 17th||12pm||Allocation of topics||Via email|
|April 28th||before 12pm||Submission of papers||Room 302, Schackstr. 4|
|May 11th - 15th||individual||Feedback on papers and allocation of discussions||Room 304, Schackstr. 4|
|May 28th/ 29th||all day||Presentation of papers and discussions||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
- Type of examination: paper, presentation, discussion of another paper (in English).
- 6 ECTS (M&F-BWL: Bachelor students in Business Administration) or 6 ETCS (Bachelor students in financial mathematics)
- Participating successfully in this seminar grants eligibility for writing a bachelor or diploma thesis at the Institute for Risk Management and Insurance.
- Please find further information in the syllabus.