Prof. Dr. Richard Peter; Sophie Roth
This course presents and analyses financial options, such as American options and European options. Students will learn how to valuate options using the binomial option pricing technique as well as the Black-Scholes option pricing formula. Risk-neutral probabilities will be introduced. This course also discusses insurance, risks related to commodity prices, exchange rates as well as interest rates, and studies how to manage/hedge such risks. The efficient portfolio choice and the Capital Asset Pricing Model will be recapped at the beginning of the course.
The main textbook for the course is Berk/DeMarzo: “Corporate Finance”, 2nd ed., 2011.
- There is no application needed.
- Please find further information in the syllabus.
|April 14th||4pm - 6pm||Introduction and Recap 1||HGB B 101|
|April 21st||4pm - 6pm||Introduction and Recap 2||HGB B 101|
|April 28th||4pm - 6pm||Financial Options 1||HGB B 101|
|May 5th||4pm - 6pm||Tutorial 1||HGB B 101|
|May 12th||4pm - 6pm||Financial Options 2||HGB B 101|
|May 19th||4pm - 6pm||Option Valuation 1||HGB B 101|
|May 26th||4pm - 6pm||No lecture||-|
|June 2nd||4pm - 6pm||Option Valuation 2||HGB B 101|
|June 9th||4pm - 6pm||Tutorial 2||HGB B 101|
|June 16th||4pm - 6pm||Insurance and Hedging 1||HGB B 101|
|June 23rd||4pm - 6pm||Insurance and Hedging 2||HGB B 101|
|June 30th||4pm - 6pm||Tutorial 3||HGB B 101|
|July 7th||4pm - 6pm||Q&A||HGB B 101|
- To take the exam, registration via the LSF is necessary. The exam will take place on Friday, July 24th, 15.30 -16.30, room to be determined and announced by the ISC.
- 3 ECTS in Modul BWL VII (ABWL)
- Time and Location: August 7, 2015, Schackstrasse 4, Room 307
- Please use the registration form (link will be provided soon) to register for the exam review.Please register no later than August 5, 2015 at noon.
|Time||Group (last name)|