Value-based Management of Financial Institutions
Tom Wilson, Ph.D.; Dominik Lohmaier
This course focuses on how to manage financial institutions for value with a deeper focus on insurance. During the course of the seminar, a valuation framework including key value drivers will be developed for insurance and banking businesses. In addition, generic management actions or “rules of the game” will be developed for creating value through profitable growth, cost efficiency, underwriting excellence and capital efficiency. In this context, the role of balance sheet management, risk management and strategic planning will be discussed.
In the middle of the semester, seminar participants will be asked to present an outside-in valuation of an actual insurance company based on public information. At the end of the Semester, seminar participants will be asked to present a strategic plan to “management” on how the company can increase its value. The both presentations will be made to industry executives who will evaluate the conclusions and provide feedback.
- The number of participants is restricted.
- To apply for this course, please send an e-Mail (including name, student-ID number and a current transcript of your grades) to Dominik Lohmaier.
- Application Deadline: April 6th 2015
- The list of participants will be announced on the notice board of the INRIVER no later than April 10th.
- Contact: Dominik Lohmaier
- Period: April 24th until July 3rd 2015.
|April 24th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|April 27th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|May 4th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|May 15th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 004, Kaulbachstr. 45|
|May 22nd||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|June 1st||8:30am - 12pm||Presentation||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|June 5th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|June 8th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|June 12th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|June 29th||8:30am - 10am||tba||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|July 3rd||8:30am - 12pm||Final Presentation||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
- Final presentation at the end of the course.
- 3 ECTS, MSc (Business Administration)
- For further information, please refer to the syllabus.