Principles of Risk Management and Insurance
Winnie Sun, Ph.D.
Dipl.-Volksw. Christoph Lex
Course Description & Main Objectives
This course provides a framework for students to analyze the effects of risk on business. Students will learn methods for identifying risks, techniques for measuring risk, ways in which the risks can be controlled, and means for transferring risks to third-parties through insurance and other financial contracts.
Application and Prerequisites
- There is no application required for this class.
- Basic knowledge of decision theory, finance, and economics is necessary.
- Students from the Master of Science in BetriebswirtschaftslehreM.Sc. students.
- Advanced students from Diplom Wirtschaftsmathematik
- 3 ECTS (MSc)
- 2 SWS
- 1-hour exam
- Date: 08.02.2012
- Time: 02:30 p.m. - 03:30 p.m.
- Room: Seminar room 307, Schackstr. 4 / III
- Wednesdays, 02:00 p.m. - 03:30 p.m. (s.t.)
- Seminar room 307, Schackstr. 4 / III