Seminar: "Recent Developments in Insurance"
Prof. Dr. Andreas Richter, Vijay Aseervatham, Dominik Lohmaier
Course Description & Main Objectives
This seminar covers recent developments in the field of risk and insurance. Current research questions in insurance demand theory, risk management, insurance pricing, and life insurance and pensions will be addressed. The topics will be discussed with active involvement of the participants. Learning and research strategies are to be conveyed, so that students are empowered to acquaint themselves with a scientific problem and read up on relevant literature. Furthermore, as a basis for the Bachelor Thesis / Diplomarbeit, students should become familiar with the independent composition of a scientific piece of work.
- Contact Person: Vijay Aseervatham
- The number of participants is restricted.
- Application Deadline: August 1st, 2014, 12 p.m.
Admitted participants will be notified via e-mail not later than August 15th, 2014.
Participants have to confirm their participation by August 19th, 2014, 12 p.m.. Any remaining places in the seminar will be filled in the following days.
- Students of Business or Economics (Bachelor) with a specialization in “Markt- und Finanzorientierte BWL” (BSc PO 2008).
- Students of Business (Bachelor) with a specialization in "Accounting & Finance" (BSc PO 2006).
- Students of financial mathematics (Bachelor) with module WP 21 (Versicherungsbetriebslehre).
- Students (Hauptstudium) of financial mathematics (Diplom), business minor in statistics or similar.
- Kick-off meeting: October 15th, 2014, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., Room 307, Schackstr. 4
- Schedule for the blocked proseminar: January 14th - January 16th, 2015, Room 307, Schackstr. 4
- 6 ECTS
- Type of examination: paper, presentation and discussion of another paper (in English)
- Participating successfully in this seminar grants eligibility for writing a bachelor or diploma thesis at the Institute for Risk Management and Insurance.
Further information about the class can be found in the Syllabus.