Seminar: "Catastrophe Risk Management“
Prof. Patricia Born, Ph.D., Vijay Aseervatham, Dominik Lohmaier
Course Description & Main Objectives
The seminar targets to familiarize the participants with the most recent developments in the area of catastrophe risk management. This includes the preparation and presentation of a home assignment as well as taking part in the discussion during joint sessions. The topics will be discussed with active involvement of the participants. Learning and research strategies are to be conveyed, so that students are empowered to acquaint themselves with a scientific problem and read up on relevant literature. Furthermore, as a basis for the Bachelor Thesis / Diplomarbeit, students should become familiar with the independent composition of a scientific piece of work.
- Contact: Dominik Lohmaier
- The number of participants is restricted.
- Application Deadline: August, 1st 2014, 12 p.m.
- Admitted participants will be notified via e-mail not later than August 15th, 2014.
- Participants have to confirm their participation by August 19th 2014, 12 p.m. per email. Any remaining places in the seminar will be filled in the following days.
- Students of Business or Economics (Bachelor) with a specialization in “Markt- und Finanzorientierte BWL” (BSc PO 2008).
- Students of Business (Bachelor) with a specialization in "Accounting & Finance" (BSc PO 2006).
- Students of financial mathematics (Bachelor) with module WP 21 (Versicherungsbetriebslehre).
- Students (Hauptstudium) of financial mathematics (Diplom), business minor in statistics or similar
- Kick-off meeting: October, 15th 2014, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., Room: 307, Schackstr. 4
- Schedule for the blocked proseminar: January 14th - January 16th 2015, Room: 307, Schackstr. 4
- 6 ECTS
- Type of examination: paper, presentation and discussion of another paper (in English)
- Participating successfully in this seminar grants eligibility for writing a bachelor or diploma thesis at the Institute for Risk Management and Insurance.
Further information about the class can be found in the syllabus.