Hauptseminar: Recent Developments in Health Insurance
Prof. Dr. Andreas Richter
Contact: Michael Hanselmann
Due to changes in political, economic and technological environments health insurance markets are subject to permanent change. On the one hand, increasing health care costs and demographic change put pressure on health insurance companies and systems. On the other hand, technological advances enable insurers to refine their risk classification processes and to provide more comprehensive customer service.
The seminar targets to familiarize the participants with the most important aspects of health insurance markets. Furthermore it highlights recent developments in the field of health insurance.
This includes the preparation and presentation of a home assignment as well as taking part in the discussion during joint sessions. The topics will be discussed with active involvement of the participants. Learning and research strategies are to be conveyed, so that students are empowered to acquaint themselves with a scientific problem and read up on relevant literature. Furthermore, as a basis for the Bachelor Thesis / Diplomarbeit, students should become familiar with the independent composition of a scientific piece of work.
- The number of participants is restricted.
- Application Period: June 14th through June 24th.
- Important information on application process and deadlines can be found here!
- Bitte beachten Sie die aktualisierten Hinweise zur verbindlichen Seminaranmeldung
- Students of business (Bachelor) within the Module “Markt- und Finanzorientierte BWL” (BSc PO 2008)
- Students of financial mathematics (Bachelor)
|June 24th||before 12am||Application deadline|
|October 18th||10am - 12pm||Kick-Off-Meeting||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
|October 19th||Allocation of topics||Via email|
|November 30th||before 12pm||Submission of papers||Room 302, Schackstr. 4|
|December 2nd||Feedback on papers and allocation of discussions||Room tba|
|December 14th||before 3pm||Submission of presentations||Via email|
|December 15th||9am - 3pm||Presentation of papers and discussions||Room 307, Schackstr. 4|
- Type of examination: paper, presentation, discussion of another paper (in English).
- 6 ECTS (M&F-BWL: Bachelor students in Business Administration) or 6 ETCS (Bachelor students in financial mathematics)
- Participating successfully in this seminar grants eligibility for writing a bachelor or diploma thesis at the Institute for Risk Management and Insurance.
- Please find more information in the syllabus.